Monday, October 19, 2009

Fallfusment Park


Well Monday it is...  When i went to bed last night I remembered about my promise and said something to N.  He said, "Well you already know what you are going to blog about, right?"  Man, I love that man.  Yes, I do!!!  Fall is here, although I am not sure I like it.  It rained all of last week and was in the 40's.  Everyone has a winter coat but yours truly so I have been pretty miserable. I just can't figure out what to buy.  It needs to be an every day coat...not a fancy coat...because my everydays are just not fancy if you know what I mean.  It needs to be stylish and not manly, because I don't want people calling me sir (that happened at the store yesterday, and it got me thinking maybe it was because I was wearing N's big fleece pullover.  Man, that thing is comfy!)  So any suggestions???  I am thinking one of those down jackets because they are warm but not bulky...Hmmm.  Why do I waste time stressing over this...

On to the real post!  We went to a pumpkin patch last weekend.  Well, turns out it wasn't really a pumpkin patch, it was a farm.  Actually, it wasn't really a farm either.  I would call it an outdoors fallfusment park.  Yes they had animals, but I think they were brought in.  The people all wore headsets and they sold kettle corn for $7 a bag.  You got to pick a small pumpkin from a bin on the way out.  It was included in your ticket.  Your $15 ticket...  Regardless, I think it checked the box for a visit to the pumpkin patch this year.  We'll just buy the big'ens at Safeway!  I love love love to take pictures at the Pumpkin Patch.  I am not sure if it is the orange pumpkins with my orange haired kids, or the great weather, or the perfect light that creates beautiful pictures but it is so much fun for me.  I had a baby in a sling this year so I wasn't as obnoxious as usual and I have really slowed down on the pictures altogether.  I like to enjoy the event and not stress about photo ops throughout the whole thing.  They had some really fun slides and both kids loved had a great time!

Funny story about the old car...we were waiting in line for the big rug slide and J just takes off running.  It was so odd.  I mean, he kind of wanders but will listen when you tell him to come back.  He wouldn't stop running or look back.  I looked at N, he looked at me, and I shrugged my shoulders and went after him.  He was probably about 20 yards ahead, that is how determined he was. When I caught up to him, he looked at me with the biggest smile and bounced up and down pointing to the car and said, Look!! Ramone!!!  Ramone is one of the cars in the movie Disney Cars, which is one of his favorites.  He was so excited!!  It was the cutest thing ever!

3 comments:

  1. Love that Ramone story! Too precious! Check Costco for a coat! I was there the other day and they have these beautiful down coats in an array of yummy fall colors. Definitely fits in the everyday stylish category. Happy Fall!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i live in a vest in the winter over here. i hate the restriction of having sleeves, when i have to reach for something (which we do often as mothers :)). So i have a puffy vest for everyday. think about it, how often do your arms get THAT cold.
    love the pics! cute family!

    ReplyDelete