When we found out we were moving up here, I asked people if it snowed? They said it would snow a few times a year and yes we would be able to make a snowman, but nothing crazy like Colorado snow. I bought winter coats big, thinking we would get two years out of them, and laughed at myself when I bought snow pants and boots thinking what a waste of money. They will probably use these all of once. Well...I am so sick of those winter coats as soon as it is semi worn, they are going in boxes! The snow boots are now in the shoe basket downstairs because they get worn so much and we have had enough snow in the last week for a lifetime...but...wait for it...more snow is coming!!!! Yes up to 18 more inches of snow is expected to start falling tomorrow. Oh my goodness. Where is it all going to go? Seriously. We just got 25-30 inches of snow!!!! Our power was out for two days, that was no fun. We live on a snow evacuation route so our streets have been cleared and we even went to McDonald's for dinner the night of the big snow :) The nights were miserable. The second night it was 43 degrees when we woke up. We have a fireplace but it is in the basement so we spent most of the day down there. We thought about leaving but didn't think anyone would get any sleep if we went to a hotel. 3 kids, 2 adults, and 2 dogs in a hotel room didn't sound any better to us than 43 degrees in our own beds, so we stayed home. The kids were serious troopers and never complained once about how cold it was. I love those little munchkins. We had a lot of fun and made some great memories. Hotdogs and cinnamon apples cooked on the fireplace, 4 layers of clothing, sledding, lots of snuggling, lots of shoveling, snow dogs, Iphones to the rescue!!! and lots of texting to let everyone know we were okay :) Thanks for checking on us everyone, we survived and are praying we keep our power tomorrow and the next day! Pictures tell the story so here you go!
cooking lunch in the playroom!
our street!
our house look at that beautiful driveway (thanks daddy!)

walking up the hill to go sledding

who is ready to go again...
beautiful beautiful --sledding right next to the river

I had been praying for you guys, you're the only ones I know in that area. I'm glad the power wasn't out longer. Holy Cow Nate shoveled a lot of snow. Was he sore the next day? Yikes!
ReplyDeleteOh wow, that is crazy nuts! Glad to hear that everyone is okay and that you are making the best of a very cold situation.
ReplyDeleteOh My goodness M -- that is crazy!!! more coming?! have y'all bought a generator?!
ReplyDeleteLove the pictures and story. That is a long driveway to shovel. Good luck tomorrow. I can't believe ya'll got that much snow!
ReplyDeleteLove, Auntie E