Monday, May 24, 2010

Sewing Projects...Birthdays...ya know, fun stuff :)

I have dusted off the ole machine again and am ready to unviel C's new spring line!  Ha!  Yeah right :)  I made her two outfits, and won't ever sew for other people.  It would stress me out too much!  But these turned out cute.  We'll see if they are good enough for C.  She is mighty picky these days.  All about comfort, so the elastic waistband should be perfect! 

Also recovered our walmart patio chairs.  They were yuck and needed to be replaced but I couldn't find new ones anywhere!!!!  So i found some fabric on clearance at fabric.com and made new ones!  Pretty impressed with myself.  I have never done anything like that before so it was out of the box and i don't have my sewing friend mer to bounce ideas off of.  Martha has been busy, so I was all alone.  Aren't very many domestic folks round these parts...  I took the kids' easel outside and told them if they got marker on my new pillows they would be in BIG trouble.  Guess what...I just went outside to take these pictures and look what I found.   Ho Hum.  The life of three kids :)  I love them anyways! 
Before

After
I had a wonderful birthday yesterday :)  Williams Sonoma pancakes in bed, church, lunch, my favorite cake in the whole world, shopping, bike ride and picnic all with my wonderful familia.  I heart them.  They rock my socks off. 
 Check out this super cute apron my sweet friend made me!!!!  Stylin!

Bye Bye

4 comments:

  1. Megan, so impressed with you and your mad sewing skills!!! The outfits are adorable - so happy I'll get to make something like it some day :)

    Glad you had a happy birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl, you inspire me. Love it! So glad you had a wonderful birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job with the patio furniture! Hey, I saw your post with the bike trailers and was wondering what kind they are and how you like them. We are looking into purchasing one so I can take Caleb biking.

    ReplyDelete