Monday, June 7, 2010

Strawberry Picking


We went strawberry picking!!!  We drove about an hour, stayed for about an hour, then drove for about another hour.  And...I didn't get lost or make a wrong turn (that's a first for one of my adventures) We really had a great time.  C was all about finding the strawberries and knew which ones were the bad ones and how to pick the best ones.  She also knew we needed to get some chocolate to dip them in!  J wanted me to pick them and put them in his bucket.  He thought they were yummy but wasn't all about picking them.  G had no guilt about stealing every strawberry he saw and tasting it.  If he didn't like it he just spit it out :)  I purposely dressed the kids in old clothes so I would not worry about the the mess.  I love to eavesdrop and these were some of things I heard from other parents...don't wipe your hands on your clothes, don't eat the berries, they haven't been washed, honey...he wants to eat the berries!  The horror, eat the berries!!!    They seriously taste the best right in the field.  They were soooooo good!  And, they were only $2 a pound!  I better go and freeze some right now!  

1 comment: