Thursday, September 17, 2009

Let's try this again!

If you have previously followed our family through our old blog I imagine you have become quite frustrated with the ..ahem... lack of posts lately.  Add that to logging in every time you want to check and you have probably quit trying to see what we are up to all together.  The requests for new pictures and information has not quit even though I have tried to dodge the work...So some thoughts have been running through my head about why I don't blog anymore, and I realize that I think I was bored.

Yes, our life is exciting and yes... I never stop...our kids say and do cute things every day...my husband is amazing and does some really neat stuff at work...my dogs are a constant source of frustration and enjoyment...even with three small children we're on the go often...I still love to make things and have show and tell...realize that if I don't write this stuff somewhere, I will regret not recording these precious moments in our lives.  When I look back at the old posts I have written, I realize that they are not literary masterpieces but it is me and my crew at a point in time that I never want to forget.  I may forget to write in their baby books when they starting crawling, but I bet I will be able to find it on my blog in a few years when I have time to update the baby books, right?

My goal is to update the blog on Monday's.  At least I can do that, right?   I may do it more often if something really cool happens but I am going to really try to have a post ready for Monday.  I am also going to blog about other things besides my kids. The old blog was pretty focused on my kids, but let's face it, I am with them all day and I love them sooo much but sometimes a girl wants to talk about other things!  So maybe it will crafts, food, new fun places we went to visit withOUT kids, or just something that inspired me.  I think that will help me be consistent.  Because sometimes there is something kid related to blog about and sometimes it is just another day of C playing with animals, J playing with trains and G chillin.

How does that sound?  I hope this appeases ya'll back home :)  I am also going to try and make names and places ambiguous to protect our privacy.  Our other blog spanned such a long period that I was getting worried about all the information that was on it.  Therefore, we made it private.  I think I am okay with the open blog if we keep personal info brief.

1 comment: