Monday, September 28, 2009

Cheeseburger Meat Loaf


This has become one of our keeper recipes lately. I have been building up our recipe bank because I want to be super organized like this girl and keep a binder with 30 meals in it that we use consistently! Because dinner time at our house is pretty crazy! 

We had this for dinner and I think one of the reasons I like it so much is because EVERYONE eats it...very rare. We don't make special meals for our kids so if they don't like it, they don't eat :) Sounds mean, huh. Not really, they usually give in and eat something on their plate. But the two bigs eat this with smiles and tonight J told me, "More Meat Please, Lub Meat Mommy" We have also frozen the leftovers-yummy. And if you are not a meatloaf fan, you should try this. It is really good!

Cheeseburger Meatloaf

Yield

Makes 4 servings

Ingredients

  • 1  pound  lean ground beef
  • 3/4  cup  uncooked regular oats
  • 1/2  cup  milk
  • 2  tablespoons  minced onion
  • 1  large egg
  • 1  teaspoon  Worcestershire sauce
  • 1/2  teaspoon  salt
  • 1/4  teaspoon  dry mustard
  • 1/4  teaspoon  garlic salt
  • 1/4  teaspoon  pepper
  • 1  (12-ounce) bottle chili sauce
  • 3  packaged Cheddar cheese slices, cut into 1-inch strips

Preparation

Stir together first 10 ingredients in a large bowl just until combined. Place in a 9- x 5-inch loafpan.
Bake at 350° for 40 to 45 minutes. Pour chili sauce over meat loaf, and bake 20 to 25 more minutes or until meat is no longer pink in center.
Arrange cheese slices in a crisscross pattern on top of meat loaf. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing.
Note: For testing purposes only, we used Heinz Chili Sauce.

If you are looking for a good cookbook this comes from this book and I LOVE it!!! 

Happy Monday :)

2 comments:

  1. So I was going to commend you on the awesome pic of your meatloaf...only today I realized it is the one in the cookbook :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have this cookbook and LOVE.it.!!! I hadn't tried this recipe, so decided to make it tonite. It was great. I was looking at your dir. and thinking you must have a more recent version of the book or something. Mine called for shredded cheddar cheese and it was mixed with all the other ingredients. Still good....kids loved it...even the baby! I will have to try it with the cheese on top.

    ReplyDelete