It was so nice to have N home this year for Thanksgiving!!! Last year he was in Iraq and missed everything, while we partied it up with family out of state. We had a simple dinner with great friends. It was absolutely perfect! Our friends A & M had us over and we brought
sweet potato casserole and
green bean casserole. I also brought cupcakes and fruit. I had seen a friend of mine make this fruit turkey and knew the kids would love it! In fact that is about all my kids ate :) Oh, and a turkey cupcake of course! I love thanksgiving food!!!! So nice to be able to share an evening with friends and spilt up the meal. Our kids are similar ages so it works out just about perfect :) Thanks so much for having us over! After thanksgiving we still had three days to ourselves! So...we decorated for Christmas :) C loves to put the star on top and asked the entire time where it was. She also insisted that we add candy canes. I remember last year she was so insistent on these two things that we made a trip to Walmart after dark to get them. We were worried that our tree was going to be nasty because of the flood, but good old plastic branches dried great and we put that baby up! We had such a wonderful weekend and really enjoyed spending time together without the stress of traveling. We missed everyone back home and are a little jealous that everyone got to see each other, but there will be other thanksgivings when our kids are a little older and easier to travel with :)
The official backyard thanksgiving picture
Isn't he adorable
the feathers were supposed to be candy corn, but i couldn't find them anywhere! Do stores sell candy corn after Halloween?
kids table
all the kids watching it's a great thanksgiving charlie brown. i think this was right before j decided to take his pullup off, go to the bathroom and then wipe his rear on our friends couch. lovely, yes lovely little man
edible right?
we love christmas time :)
the guys sleeping before dinner, so adorable
Cute, cute, cute!! I love reading your updates!! We have to get together & take advantage of living so close to one another!! And if the A & M are the family I'm thinking about, I'm still needing to call her & go see them soon!! This is ridiculous to live thus close to all of you & not see you!! Gotta slow down sometime, huh!!??
ReplyDeleteJenn Adams